Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My Locks!

         So last night I washed an re-twist my hair (entry on that process coming soon). This being my second go around with locks, it was no task I am not use to. Last June I cut off my locks after having them for five years. I figured it was just hair, and I wanted to try something new.
     I did the loose natural hair thing for six months (twist outs, braid out, afros and all). Though I loved my loose natural hair and it was fun being apart of different hair community, I missed my locks. Like, I REALLY missed my locks. So as a birthday gift to me a very close friend of mine paid for me to re-start them...greatest gift ever.
     Though the initial phase (what I like to call the ugly phase)isn't so pleasant and requires a lot of patience, I couldn't be happier. Yes I'm dealing with a lot of fuzziness. Yes they still haven't completely locked. But I know what is to come and for that reason I love them :-D. Can't wait to star doing all the fun things I used to do with them; color, styles and accessories.

My first go around with locks..



 My loose natural hair..



 Second time around..



What is your favorite way to wear your hair?

2 comments:

  1. Your hair is lovely regardless. Although, I'd lean toward the locs :) My hair is locked and I like it like that. Has been this way for the past 1 and a half. When I did the big chop, I never kept my hair curly free. I went straight to locs as that's what I had always wanted to do. Sometimes though I do think of 'what if'. But we'll see

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved my locks also. Sadly I had to comb my locks out once again because my hair was unhealthy so the locks weren't formingbthevwayvi would like. But I have trimmed and begun the process of getting my hair back to a healthy state. Maybe in a couple years I will start my locks again.

    ReplyDelete