Monday, March 5, 2012

44 & X

     This past Friday I went to a restaurant called 44 & X, located on 44th and tenth in Manhattan. The atmosphere in the restaurant is amazing. As we entered we were greeted by a more than pleasant hostess. Despite the lack of a reservation we were seated immediately. 
     The seating in the restaurant is very compact. To get to my seat they actually had to pull the table out. Being so close to my neighbors, it was hard to ignore their conversation. However we weren't so close that it made dinner uncomfortable.
     The wait staff was very friendly and attentive. If a cup of water was running low at the table they were there to refill without asking. They were constantly checking to make sure everything was going well at the table. They definitely made for a great experience.
     The food was not the greatest. I ordered the pork tenderloin with cheese grits and my date ordered the vermont cheddar mac and cheese. I asked for my pork to be cooked well done and it came a little bit more than well done. The ratio of pork to grits was also crazy. I had three decent size peaces of pork with what seemed like a couple table spoons of grits. Felt more like I was just eating a plate of pork. My dates mac and cheese wasn't horrible but it left a lot to be desired  It also had a weird after taste.
     Overall I would go back because the experience was great. The food wasn't the best bet there are plenty of other things to try on the menu.


No comments:

Post a Comment