Monday, March 5, 2012

The Candy Rush

     This past Saturday i went to a candy shop called The Candy Rush,located at 733 Franklin Ave Brooklyn. I love this place! They serve ice cream, candy, donuts, crapes, waffles...everything you need to satisfy your sweet tooth.
     It isn't very big but it doesn't leave you feeling claustrophobic. There are four or five tables lined up against on side of the store and the other side has a bookshelf full of candy, the register/kitchenette and donut/ice cream display. There is also an outdoor seating able which I wasn't able to experience because it was a little chilly.
     The lady behind the counter was so nice. My friend and I came with two kids, one of which was crying and throwing a fit, and she never lost her smile. As she took orders and created everyone's orders she smile and talked with him trying to cheer him up. Seemed like everyone who came in knew her personally and was happy to see her and vice versa.
     My friend and I ordered waffles with ice cream and we bought a donut for the kids. Our waffles came with dulce de leche ice cream (but there are plenty other flavors to choose from) strawberry sauce (plenty of other toppings to choose from) and caramel. It was pure happiness. I have not one complaint about it. The donut was delicious too. More than enough for an 18 month old and an 8 month old. Even had half left over (didn't want to give the kids to much sugar lol).
     Overall it was a great experience. I can't wait to go back. Especially during the summer when the outdoor area is open. So many other things I want to try. As a girl with a strong sweet tooth and who's wanted to own a bakery since I could remember, this place is like a dose of heaven. :-D
     



No comments:

Post a Comment